In response to COVID-19, The Vermont Community Action Partnership and The Micro Business Development Program have come together to establish the E.M.B.R.A.C.E. (Economic Micro Business Recovery Assistance for the COVID-19 Epidemic) direct grant program to support the smallest Vermont micro businesses owned by an individual with a "household" income at or under 80% of state median "household" income. (Income guidelines are provided in the application) The grants will be awarded on a first come, first served basis to qualifying micro-businesses, defined as having five employees or less including the owner.
To qualify for the E.M.B.R.A.C.E. grant program:
- You must be a Vermont state resident over the age of 18 with an active Vermont-based micro business and legally registered with the State of Vermont on or before 03/01/2020. Option #2: OR have filed 2019 tax returns with a scheduled C and have documentation proving your current business status, (Example: Current Financial Statements & Current business bank account statements.
Micro Business Definition: (A business with less than 5 employees including the owner)
- Your business needs to have been negatively financially impacted by COVID-19 between 03/01/2020 & 11/01/2020.
- Your household income must be at or below 80% of Vermont state median household income. The application is formulated to assess your income eligibility based on number of individuals and total income. If you are unsure if your income is at or below 80%, the application will calculate eligibility based on the answers you provide.
- Not engaged in the following: Cannabis-related services, Firearm Sales, Lobbying, Franchise / Chain, Consultant / Service Provider with exactly 1 client, Nonprofit organization.
- Has not received a Vermont Emergency Economic Recovery Grant from another State of Vermont Agency or Department. Exception: Rapid Response Artist Relief Grant
This application will assess your qualifications and gather the information that our grant counselors will need when working with you. A grant counselor may contact you by phone or email to follow up on any questions they may have about your application
Total grant amount requested must be between $2,500 & $5,000.
We strongly suggest watching the educational videos about this grant application and preparing your responses before beginning this form.
To avoid losing your work, please allot up to an hour to complete this application in one sitting.
PLEASE NOTE: 10% of all accepted applications will be audited for financial reconciliation, so all information gathered in this form must have supporting documentation available upon request. All receipts and documentation of expenses must be kept and maintained for submission to the grantor upon request.